demos
forum
pricing
faq - Frequently asked Questions
contact
partners
Mastering Glossary

more...
In case you would like to begin mastering with us, please click this button, fill out the contact-form and we will get back to you with your personal account for up/downloading and detailed instructions about the whole procedure.
Musicstudio

XARC Mastering

Forum

Forum

View previous topic - View next topic  
KTek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: My track is in trouble... how does it look doc? Reply with quote

first off, your site/service is awesome! here's my delemma:

i have a song that consists of pre eq'd/compressed/efffect/etc track for your standard heavy-alternative rock band (kick/snare/toms/stereo pair/3guitars/bass/vocals)

so i've accidentally lost all the tracks but i still have my own amature master.. here are my worries about it's potential for quality after mastering:

1. it was ran through a master compressor with the "clip" feature on.

2. all the eq's/dynamic effects were amaturely set.

3. I CAN'T CHANGE ANYTHING IN THE MIX ANYMORE!!!! Sad

overall though, it is still a good sounding track. it's got heavy punch and the ranges are all pretty well balanced.

i want to have it fixed up and sound as good on the same cd as our other songs,, but i also wanna get feedback on my mixes from you guys, like specific things that i could have done to make it easier on the mastering engineer and just improve it's potential. know what i mean??

so you think my wishes are possible through you guys?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear KTek,

First, welcome and thanks for the friendly words.

I have to admit what you describe there sounds pretty problematic (from what I read - near imposible to fix) and I would actually need to listen to this song to give a better judge.

Just get into contact with me at lorenz@xarcmastering.com and I will trying to help you as good as I can.

Thank you.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    XARC Mastering - The Online Mastering Studio - Outstanding Audio Mastering Online Forum Index -> Everything About Mastering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: