demos
forum
pricing
faq - Frequently asked Questions
contact
partners
Mastering Glossary

more...
In case you would like to begin mastering with us, please click this button, fill out the contact-form and we will get back to you with your personal account for up/downloading and detailed instructions about the whole procedure.
Musicstudio

XARC Mastering

Forum

Forum

View previous topic - View next topic  
crax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: general question Reply with quote

There are a few services on the internet that i trust
and after reading your services i would like to first ask a few silly questions

(1) why and how could i trust you
(2) if i was going to send you my mix to master and your not liking the genre
is the master gonna sound good (alive)
(3) before i email upload my mix can i do a pre master on the overall track.
ie. light eq, compression and limit.
(4) can i upload my tracks to you

(5) there is one mastering online service i used some time ago, i uploaded my stuff to thier server (6 tracks), 4 days later they sent me an email where to audit the master wavs (2 tracks) so i followed the link and i could listen them but not download them, a second email arrived saying i had to pay first, so i thought ok atleast the work is done and i did pay via card. i followed the link again and the masters was gone from thier servers.

since then i have tried many times to contact them but never a reply and im still in the process of getting my monies back because the bank says they are not proven
the question is you could do the same thing to customers, couldny you

(6) are these tracks "Red Book" master level
(7) if and error has passed by unnoticed in the fmix vesion do you try to fix it in the master

thanks
crax (Xarc) Question Question
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
crax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: i just read the FAQ Reply with quote

none of my previous questions need be answered i have just read your FAQ

but please can you explain this to me
"completed 2-track mixdown of each song"

the above line is from the paragraph below

A: Please only send us the completed 2-track mixdown of each song. We wil
l let you know should there be any big problems with your mix, so that you can possibly send us another version.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Crax,

Thank you for the interest in XARC Mastering. I am really sad to hear you´ve been frauded by the other mastering house. If you paid them by creditcard you should be able to do a chargeback up to 6 months later trough your bank. I hope this works out for you.

The 2-track mixdown is simply the stereo-mix of your completed song. And we will tell you (free of charge of course) if we are unable to work with it, because for example the drums are alot to loud, or the vocals need to be de-essed. If you wish, you can then just do these changes and send us the new mixdown for mastering.

I hope to have been of help for you and just let me know should you have any more questions. You can also reach me directly at lorenz@xarcmastering.com

Thank you,
Lorenz Vauck
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    XARC Mastering - The Online Mastering Studio - Outstanding Audio Mastering Online Forum Index -> Everything About Mastering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: