demos
forum
pricing
faq - Frequently asked Questions
contact
partners
Mastering Glossary

more...
In case you would like to begin mastering with us, please click this button, fill out the contact-form and we will get back to you with your personal account for up/downloading and detailed instructions about the whole procedure.
Musicstudio

XARC Mastering

Forum

Forum

View previous topic - View next topic  
Derek Clegg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reverb on Master Reply with quote

I have noticed, specifically on Damien Rice "O" and the new Bright Eyes cd, that there is almost an Reverb on the entire final master, it very slight and not distracting and I enjoy it very much. Is this something that you are familiar with or is this just effects in the mixing. It sounds like its on everything, which is why I think its the master.
Derek
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Derek and welcome at the forums!

It is indeed a common creative effect, which I also make use of, to add a "mastering reverb" (a special kind of reverb that doesn´t "conflict" with the reverb(s) used during the mixing) during the mastering to extend the ambience of a song, if the track needs / works with that (especially for acoustic / "hand-made" genre´s it very often does). Though, as every step during the mastering, it has to be used very carefully and needs to be adjusted very specifically in terms of wide, length, depth, etc., to the tracks needs. This is especially in relation to not loose the punch / attacks / definition and to not create a "washy" sound.

Thank you and please let me know should you have any other questions.

Greets,
Lorenz
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kloyd Niel Lopez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Guys,

What does the sound of Washy sound???
Thanks for this site. God Bless.

how to treat depression
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it makes the sound/mix less transparent (distinguishing between instruments is difficult) and more hard to listen to.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    XARC Mastering - The Online Mastering Studio - Outstanding Audio Mastering Online Forum Index -> Everything About Mastering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: