demos
forum
pricing
faq - Frequently asked Questions
contact
partners
Mastering Glossary

more...
In case you would like to begin mastering with us, please click this button, fill out the contact-form and we will get back to you with your personal account for up/downloading and detailed instructions about the whole procedure.
Musicstudio

XARC Mastering

Forum

Forum

View previous topic - View next topic  
mertboru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: a few questions... Reply with quote

Hello,

After reading the testimonials and downloading the demos, I've decided to contact you.

I am planning to send you one of my mixes to get mastered. But before doing that, I would like to ask you a few questions to clarify things on my side.

1.) I am using EQ/limiter/compressor/effects/etc. on each individual track and then mixing these channels to achieve my final mix. I apply nothing more after that. With no clipping of course. Any problems with this procedure?

2.) Due to my musical style/taste, I like creating different characters/moods in a single song. For example; the song that I am planning to send you, is a 9 min. electronic/new age piece. For the first 2 minutes, it is dark and bass oriented. Then starts to groove. During the last minute the song fades out with nature effects. You may think of it as 3 songs to be mastered as "one song". Due to different mastering requirements for each mood, how am I supposed to send you this song? All in one piece or multiple pieces?

3.) I am planning to send you 30 secs. of reference material from an another artist so that I can exactly show you what I am looking for. Any problems?

4.) According to my label contract, I am NOT supposed to share any of my songs. What is your privacy policy for the songs that are being mastered by you? Do you have something like non disclosure aggreement?

Sorry for asking these -silly- questions but, due to my past mastering experiences (nightmares!), I decided to ask for your kind recommendations before sending you my songs... Wink

I would be very happy to hear soon from you.

Kind Regards,
Mert Boru
Istanbul, Turkey
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mert,

welcome on the Forums! I am sorry to hear your past experiences with other mastering studios and thank you for your questions and your decision to go with XARC Mastering.

1) This is perfectly fine and exactly like I would like to receive the mix(es).

2) For the start and for my first impression you should just send the song the same way as you intend to put it on CD later on. Should it have extremely different sections that possibly need a very different mastering approach, we can then still decide together, prior to the mastering, which is the best way to master it and prepare everything accordingly.

3) This is always welcome and I actually prefer to receive a kind of reference to better understand your needs and wishes for the outcome of my work. Additionally it is also always good if you tell me what your wishes for the mastering are and what you want me to achieve during the mastering. Of course if you do not have/do not want to provide any wishes nor references and want me to take my complete own approach to your music, I do this with pleasure as well.

4) Yes, there are Terms and Conditions under which the work is carried out and that include this. I will provide them to you in a printable PDF-file in your "welcome email" which also includes your personal account for up/downloading and detailed instructions about the whole procedure. To begin with the mastering/receive this email, please just fill out the contact-form at http://www.xarcmastering.com/contact/ and I will get back to you shortly.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I can do anything else for you.

Thanks again and best regards,
Lorenz
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mertboru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Lorenz,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

It seems that I'd better make a final check on my mix today, so that everything is OK on my side.

I'll try to contact you as soon as possible...

Kind Regards,
Mert Boru
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mert,

please take the time you need to make the mix perfect and let me know if I can do anything else for you in the meantime.

Let´s speak soon.

Thank you and best regards,
Lorenz
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    XARC Mastering - The Online Mastering Studio - Outstanding Audio Mastering Online Forum Index -> Everything About Mastering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: