demos
forum
pricing
faq - Frequently asked Questions
contact
partners
Mastering Glossary

more...
In case you would like to begin mastering with us, please click this button, fill out the contact-form and we will get back to you with your personal account for up/downloading and detailed instructions about the whole procedure.
Musicstudio

XARC Mastering

Forum

Forum

View previous topic - View next topic  
@1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: mixdowns and mastering Reply with quote

I'm interested in getting a track mastered by XARC. My mixdown / general engineering skills are pretty average though. Can you recommend a studio to do the mixdown pre-master for me before I submit it to XARC for the final master? I'd prefer to submit parts over the internet for this.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello @1,

thanks for your interest. I can recommend Johannes Lõhmus from Downtown Studios. I work with him on regular basis and he is a very good mix engineer with a impressive portfolio. On top of that everything can be done online as well. You can reach him via http://www.dts.ee/index.php?lang=eng&mid=68,81 or directly at johannes@dts.ee

If you have any questions, you can reach me anytime at lorenz@xarcmastering.com

Regards,
Lorenz
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
9b0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi XARC team!

We are a VST developer team, and we announced nowadays a competition!

Please, if you have a minute, take a look at our competition site:http://www.wwaym.com/loudness_competition.html

We would be really glad to listen to your entry! Smile

Thanks for your attention:
Balázs Gyutai / WWAYM
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Balázs,

thanks for your post but unfortunately my schedule is to tight to take place in your competition. Additionally I would (after listening to the file to be mastered on your site) not want to make this one as loud as possible since it does not really translate for this style in my opinion. Loud does not mean quality - most often it means the opposite and it is sad so many good recordings are being treatened this way nowadays. The loudness, like any other processing (be it EQ, Stereo Image, the choice of the right unit for each process...) during the mastering, should always go along and underline the message and charm of the record. Making it incredible loud at all costs (except the song (or the label;) *really* needs that) without taking this into account is definetely the opposite of creating a fine and emotional master.

A interesting related article (by Bob Katz from Digital Domain) that explains my point a bit more in detail can be read here: http://www.digido.com/portal/pmodule_id=11/pmdmode=fullscreen/pageadder_page_id=93/

However, I wish best of continued success to you and your company and will take a look at your site from time to time Smile

Regards,
Lorenz

P.S.: There is a little typo on the competition site, the RMS of the file really is: Left: -19.53dBFS Right: -19.52dBFS
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
9b0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply and the help Lorenz!

I want ot make clear, that we dont force people to just make it loud and overcompressed. We just try to mess our software with others gear. Smile We ask everyone, to make it as loud as possible, but with taste. This means that we dont want to hear an overcompressed record, we want to keep it as clean/warm as possible, so we can show that our stuff is able to do it. As loud as possible means no quality lost, just make it as loud as you can by sounding as good as you can. This is what we want to force, and the jury will choose the winner also this way.

I just wanted to make this clear. Smile We dont want to destroy the music, we just want to show, that our product can do what people need.

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit the contest, i will correct that typo failure!

Best regards:
Balázs Gyutai / WWAYM
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Balázs,

thanks for explaining. I misunderstood the approach of the competition then when I was viewing the competition page.

Keep up the good work and best of success to you and your company and your further developments.

Regards,
Lorenz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    XARC Mastering - The Online Mastering Studio - Outstanding Audio Mastering Online Forum Index -> Everything About Mastering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: