demos
forum
pricing
faq - Frequently asked Questions
contact
partners
Mastering Glossary

more...
In case you would like to begin mastering with us, please click this button, fill out the contact-form and we will get back to you with your personal account for up/downloading and detailed instructions about the whole procedure.
Musicstudio

XARC Mastering

Forum

Forum

View previous topic - View next topic  
sleepwalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Sleepwalker share thoughts about XarcMastering Reply with quote

For everyone read that, I am Lyubomir a.k.a Sleepwalker and recently I have used Xarc Mastering services. I found this forum and thoight that it is the best place to share my opinion.

About me
-----------
As I said I am Lyubomir a.k.a Sleepwalker, running project called Sleepwalker Project. My music is a new age/world/ethno/chill out and some sort of film music. I was looking for mastering house, but had never thought that there is online such. Then I found Xarc Mastering via advertisement post on http://www.kvraudio.com/ and decided to give a try to their services.

My expectations
------------------
As I heard most of the demos, finally I email Xarc Mastering and Lorenz Vauck answer me and gave me very detail information as he explored my website and share free advice how he can contribute to my style/music and how further he can improve it. Here is the place to say that is very important for the new customers to visit DEMO page and listen to the songs there and compare mastered & unmastered versions. My expectations were very high, but normal based as I knew that such sort of genre with full of sounds and depth is more hard for mastering than the the Pop & Rock/Metal or Soul music. Anyway I expected my music to become more bright and powerful and actualy this was my first attempt to try such service.

What happened...
---------------------
After gave to Lorenz my first track, he provide very quick and great service. My song was complete in a day and I really, ednjoyed the quality. Here is the place to share that in the begining was a little unanticipated and at any cost I tried to find some flow or problem, because I was get used with the sound and can't accept the new one so fast. After 2 days I realize that my advices to Lorenz to improve the track were absolutely unnecessary and left the first version he did. Actually I learned to think and listen my music in a different way after someone else mastered my tracks. As every musician, I have past period trying to do mastering by myself and I have built my own notion how to sound my music, but after Lorenz did his job, I realized that the books are right - "Never try this at home".
After that I mastered 2 more separate songs and 1 album and I am fully satisfied with the services Xarc Mastering offered and I plan to use them in future too.

What you should pay attention to, before giving track for mastering
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before gave a track for mastering, you should check very carefully and closely your MIX. Pay attention to the low-mid range and mainly the bass and kick if you have such. The mastering is not repairing service and I was forget this, too. As better mix you provide, you will have better result. After my wotk with XarcMastering, I learned a lot of things and what I shouldn't do for future in my mixes. So if you don't believe me try one track and you will see what I mean.

Overall
--------
I am very pleased with the result and here like to thank to Lorenz, for his understanding and patience, he show in our work. Although he has many clients he gave me the needed time for talking, discuss and everything I would like to know he answer me. This relationship is very important and after our work, I can say that he is very honest person and this is the thing which will make to do not go to other mastering house and I will be back here, when I am done with my new stuff.
For everyone wants to listen the mastered stuff can go on:
www.sleepwalker-music.com in the DOWNLOAD section.

Respect
Post new topic   Reply to topic    XARC Mastering - The Online Mastering Studio - Outstanding Audio Mastering Online Forum Index -> XARC Mastering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: